Thursday, September 9, 2010

Full Disclosure


Before we get too far into this, it should be known that I'm not a audiophile.   I like music and have a warm spot in my heart for LPs.   Signal quality is not something I'm overly concerned with.

How I'm approaching this project.
A friend of mine once gave me his old HD TV.  I didn’t have one and he was moving overseas where it wouldn’t work so I happily took it in.  When I found out how much HDMI cables cost – it took me another two years to finally buy the cable to get the HD signal to enjoy the TV in its full glory.  

It’s not that I was being lazy – but the $50 cable didn’t seem worth it for a better picture at the time.  The content is what’s important to me, not the quality level.   Now non-HDTV looks terrible to me, but I’m illustrating a point.

When it comes to making sacrifices for budget on this project, the decisions I make are going to drive some purists nuts.  After music/video/whatever hits a certain quality level, I can’t tell the difference.   I just want to enjoy entertainment as easily and conveniently as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment